The biggest mistake that most people make who are looking to build muscles fast is to try and imitate professional bodybuilders. As pro bodybuilders do not train naturally, performing their routines will never make anyone build muscle quickly.
Everyone’s body is different, and therefore everyone needs a different approach to building muscles. Here are some strategies that will work for anyone who is trying to build muscles fast:
1) Food and nutrition – think you’re going to get strong by eating fast food all day? Get real! Nutrition is one of the biggest factors other than exercise for building muscle. After all, you will never look muscular no matter how long you train if you eat all the wrong foods.
Try to eat foods that are high in calories, high in protein, moderate in carbohydrates, and are whole foods with good vitamin and mineral content. Some recommendations include eggs, whole milk, whole grain pasta, rice, chicken, steak, fish, bananas, and oranges. Green vegetables like spinach also helps, which is probably why Popeye always gets ultra-strong when he pops spinach out from a can. Aside from eating healthy food, you can also take supplements like testogen. What is Testogen? Simply, it is a supplement that supports you in muscle building.
2) Gym preparation – there is no use in wanting to go to the gym if you are not in the right frame of mind and doubt that you can ever achieve anything. Like anything, you have to have the right motivation to keep on going. It may seem airy fairy, but scientific research have found that developing a mind-muscle connection optimizes your gym results.
So, how do you develop this connection, you may ask? When you complete every repetition, visualize the muscles you are targeting as growing. Focusing on the effect that using weight on your muscles increases the size and power you are after is more important than the amount on the bar. In this way, you are building a positive mindset of muscle-building in order to help build muscles instead of getting distracted by the hot girl working out next to you.
3) Starting out – You will need to start basic otherwise you will overwork your mind and body. Recommended multi-joint exercises to start off with include using the overhead press, bench press, and the barbell row. Make sure that you use the correct technique with every repetition.
Other recommendations include push ups, crunches, and pull ups. As you progress in time, you can still uses these basic exercises but with heavier weights.
4) Lift some weights – use barbells as there is more weight and stress placed on your muscles. Dumbbells are only good as an optional extra.
5) Multi-tasking – do exercises that concentrate on several muscles at a time. Instead of bicep curls, try pull ups, chin ups, and barbell rows. Do dips, as well as bench and overhead presses instead of triceps kickbacks. When you are training your legs, the best exercise to do are squats. With squats, you can even save some time by doing lifting dumbbells!
6) Recover – recovering from each work out is very important in order for you not to over train yourself. Rest well, drink lots of water, eat healthily, and remember that it’s the quality of gym time not the quantity of gym time that counts.
The percentage of people that want to quit the gym after a few days or weeks of joining is fairly high. If you feel a bit lazy, remember to get those tunes cranking on your MP3 player while you are working out, and get a friend to be your gym buddy so you motivate each other to go and work out. As you get stronger and track your progress, you will see a big change in your physique after doing all of the above for at least 2 months. These 6 steps are guaranteed to help you grow muscles fast.